Intro

Note: This blog has only few selected write-ups from my private blog. Drag down to read the blogs.

Experiences -> Thoughts -> Feelings -> Expressions -> Reflections
Traversing the path of destiny

Disclaimer: Views expressed here are my own unless explicitly specified. Just as I exerted my freedom of expression, you may use your freedom of interpretation. NOM

It's me

I'm what I'm.
I do care. I do feel. I'm sensitive n emotional.

For me, Life is not all about NPV (Net Present Value)
For me close friends are for share and care, to walk along, to enjoy, to fight, to shed tears for celebrating joys and sharing sorrows, to be open, and most importantly unprejudiced... my close friends list is unfortunately prone to additions or subtractions for the same reasons even-though i never like it to happen...

Strictly no scheming pls...
For me trust matters... a lot...

I write... I like to express through poems... sharp and frank...
I sing a bit... learnt Carnatic for a short stint...
I compose, though donno playing musical instruments...
Anything about music enthuses me... I just love it like anything...

If I'm passionate about something, there's no looking back...
I don't mind taking risks... I like adventure... I like exploring new places and culture...
I adjust... a lot... In fact life's about adjustments.. Nothing is perfect

A Brahmin by records... Believes in one God... For me Kerala breakfast is the best in world... My mom n deedi are the best anyone can get... Composing music, writing poems, singing, listening to music, cats, cricket are my favorites...

I aspire to give salary and provide smile to atleast one family...
I believe all praises are to God... Everything good happened to me, moments, experiences, talents, is a gift of god. All bad things are learning experiences.

I'm an ambivert. I don't mingle that easily. I'm an Open book only for closer ones. If you are not my close friend, well I'm reserved. If you are my close friend, I do really seriously care or over care or whatsoever, so be me close buddy only if you can bear the consequences.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chilling Chilika


The sun has risen an hour back and I had to wake up midway in my sleep cutting through the soothing dreams thanks to the loud alarm ringing in my cell. It was a fine winter freezing morning when we packed our bags and laced our shoes and eases into a rented Chevrolet Tavera to head towards the mighty Chilika lagoon at Satpada. We were a group of 6 guys with nothing to do in trimester 6 of MBA course and the trip was the result of our research paper on ‘How to kill time’, started by Subu with a long chart of destinations in and around Orissa, along with frequent calling for formal meetings and sending MOMs after each meet!

We planned to go at 7 AM. But thanks to the driver arriving late, we started from Bhubaneswar at 7.30, with all dressed up in jackets. We stopped at around 8.30 in a roadside restaurant for breaking the fast (for past 8 hours). After a long wait, we were happy to feed ourselves with variety of dosas, puri sabjis and a tasty tea. Satisfied with the good food, we resumed our journey at 8.30. We passed through serene leafless trees on either sides of the road as if they are welcoming us with a ‘Namaskar’.

Brahmagiri, one of the major junctions during the last lap of the onward journey, amazed me with narrow lanes filled up with cycles run by people ranging from school going fledglings to the old-timers. It won’t be surprising if it has a nickname ‘Cyclegiri’. It seemed as if the place is following the footsteps of Denmark in cycle density.

After a journey of 3 hours helped by a delay of 1 hour for the mighty breakfast, we reached the shining shores of Chilika at Satpada. Debu, the bhai of the team, recently promoted to Uncle, thanks to his newly grown moustache, assumed the role of a treasurer. He pooled in money from all of us, stacked up snacks, bought the ticket and there we go!

We took 1600 Rs ticket and got into a seemingly old boat. The whole journey was around 4 hours across the lake. It was an awesome experience to be in the midst of chilling lake for that long period. Inside the boat, Deepu sat on the extreme front like the captain, me and Puskhu were at the left side and Prati and Subu were at the right side. At the back deck was the sleeping Debu, who wakes up intermittently, wears the cooling glass and asks me to take photos proclaiming that in that outfit, he looks like Don!

We 1st went to a place where the boatmen showed us taking the pearls off the shell. Keeping the virgin gem in hand was exciting. Then we went to a point where we could catch a glimpse of dancing dolphins. The dolphin family got scared when many steamers ventured into its arena and in no time, they escaped to greater depths.

Then we moved to pay a visit to the Serbian guests, the birds flocking around a small ridge. We got down there and the boatmen threw stones near the bird’s vicinity so that we could witness the spectacular scene of them flying in groups forming colourful sketches in the sky and move towards the other end of the ridge.

Later we moved to a lakeside makeshift restaurant which was exclusive for those sailing across Chilika. There were fishes, crabs and prawns in offer. The masala gravy prepared by cook was extremely delicious to say the least, a must try for those who peep into that area.

Finally we reached the best spot in the whole trip – An island in the lake mouth where lake and the Bay of Bengal joins. An isolated lake and a virgin beach nearby is as splendid a combination as ‘kappa and meen curry’, a Kerala dish. Some of us took bath in the beach followed by that in the lake to get rid of the sticky sands. I collected some shells as a memorabilia. In the island, we saw moving shells and a big outer shell of a dead tortoise. The boatmen showed us how to take a crab out of its shelter inside sandy holes. The crab kept quiet even at his hand when it was covered with sand. But it soon came back to action the moment it was dropped on to the shore. I was not sure if it was its tactic to lie unmoved or it might also be that it got fooled that it was in its own house when covered with sand. Debu started experimenting the phenomena and the results proved the hypothesis to be true. Debu even went to the extent of touching its chelipeds as if he is shaking hands with it. Finally it was time to leave and the weepy crab bid adieu to Debu hoping that he will come next time for a date.

Around 4.30 PM we started from Chilika heading to Bhubaneswar. The return trip was boring when most of us were busy resuming the broken dreams in the morning. I suggested Deepu that we can have a tea midway, which was vehemently rejected by him stating that we will reach there in an hour. And yes he was on the dot :p We finally reached at 7.30 PM thanks to the heavy traffic.

The funniest part during the whole trip was a caption in a poster in front of a midway hotel. It says: ’We welcome guests and send back friends’!


Characters (In the order of appearance):

Author             Nithin Gopinadh
Subu               Pradeep Subudhi
Debu               Debabrata Pruseth
Deepu             Deepak Panda
Pushku            Pushkar Singh
Prati                Pratik Ranjan

Date: 14th Jan 2011
Place: Too lazy eh? Read the article to figure out!

2 comments: